Are you a fan of New Year’s Resolutions? It seems like they have fallen out of favor in the last few years. Instead, folks seem to be making “life/relationship/parenting/etc goals.” Perhaps that’s the same thing as making a list of resolutions, but sounds better and more do-able? Who knows.
No matter what you call it, it can be useful to slow down this time of year and spend some time thinking about 2019. How did it go? What did you do? What didn’t you do? Like a State of Your Life recap. I’m thinking about things like:
- How are you using social media?
- How do you feel about the words and actions you engage in everyday?
- What’s the state of the relationships in your life?
- How’s your self confidence? Overall mental health?
- What do you do with your free time?
- Are you taking care of your body in the way you’d like to?
- Is your work life where you’d like it to be?
You get the idea.
Once you think through the State of Your Life, what are you hoping for in 2020? Are there things you’d like to do differently? Try picking one area and start making some small changes. Not sure where to start? Call an expert, read a book, or listen to a podcast for help.