Welcome to Moms’ Month on Dr. Stephanie! This month I will be featuring guest posts from some awesome moms around the country. They will be sharing tips, tricks, and funny stories about motherhood. This will be a fun celebration – thanks for joining us! Today’s author is Janice Beck. Welcome, Janice!
I have been blessed to be an Early Childhood Educator and Director for 20 years (10 in public Kindergartens and 10 in my Church Preschool),
a wife of a thoughtful and Christian husband, and a mother of two. I was also blessed to be able to be a “stay-at-home” mom when my 2 sons (now 27 and 29) were in school,
but I did not stay-at-home very much, as I volunteered a lot in my church and in my sons’ classrooms teaching Art in the School and serving on School Parent Boards.
When my husband and I raised (and we continue to “raise” them with advise)
our two sons, now 27 and 29, we tried to be on the same page and use these:
5 Principles for Parenthood
1. Train your children up in faith, in “giving back” and in God’s Love.
2. Have fun with your children. Enjoy every minute of parenthood–the good, the bad
and the ugly
3. Be consistent in love and discipline. Don’t be afraid to use “tough” love. Believe
it or not, children want to be fairly disciplined.
4. Have children take responsibility for their actions, as early as possible.
5. Be a good role model and mentor for your children and spend some time taking care
of your needs. But remember, sacrificing for your children is part of loving them.