- Finance Department (paychecks, bills, etc)
- Logistics Department (getting people where they need to be, when they need to be there)
- Human Resources Department (managing relationships inside and outside the “business”)
- Facilities Management (everything involved with keeping the home working, and the people within it fed)
- Research and Development Group (planning for the future, rearing children and pets)
I’m sure I’m missing a few key departments, but you get the idea. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of treating your marriage or partnership as only a business – and not a romantic, intimate relationship. In fact, keeping a marriage romantic and intimate can feel like taking on another part-time job. Luckily, it’s a part-time job with lots of rewards.
One of the first and easiest (though not always easy) ways to keep your marriage out of the business-zone is by talking about things that have NOTHING to do with the business of marriage. That means no talk about:
- in-laws or extended family
Well, what else is there to talk about, you say? Luckily there are lots of things. Probably all the things you USED to talk about before you entered into
business marital bliss together. And believe it or not, those topics still exist. They might include things like:
You get the idea. There’s a whole world of things to talk about. So next time you’re having a date night or find yourself alone together give some non-business conversation a try!